2022-2023 WESTON PS PTO MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Weston School PTO is only for
parents and/or legal guardians of students attending Weston (CT) Public Schools.
WHY JOIN THE PTO?
As a parent in the Weston School District, joining the PTO is the best way to be engaged with your child's educational journey, from Hurlbutt through High School. Connecting through the PTO helps parents remain in "the know". Membership supports the numerous initiatives each PTO coordinates throughout the year.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER?
- Paying a yearly membership fee of $20 (per school) allows you to support your child's educational journey by enabling school-specific PTO initiatives throughout the year.
- Your membership includes:
* Access to a secure online directory
* A printed copy of the Weston PTO K-12 Family Directory (one per family, not per PTO)
* You are invited to the regular PTO meetings and other special events
* You stay up-to-date when you receive our regular newsletters and special email blasts
* You can connect with community members as an active volunteer, helping at many of the great
events and programs your PTOs coordinate each year.
* Or if you're super busy and cannot volunteer, WE UNDERSTAND! Please know that no matter
your level of participation, your PTO Board will do its best to keep you connected. Your
membership investment matters!
WHY DO WE ENCOURAGE DONATIONS IN ADDITION TO MEMBERSHIP?
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we depend on YOU and your generosity to make a difference in our school community. No donation is too small; any contribution will make a difference!
Examples of PTO initiatives by school:
WESTON HIGH SCHOOL
Weston 5K * Staff Appreciation
Spirit Events * Guest Speakers
Socials * PGE
SAT/PSAT Prep Courses
WESTON INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Memorial Day Fair * Staff Appreciation
Field Day * Guest Speakers
WESTON MIDDLE SCHOOL
Staff Appreciation * Spirit Events
Guest Speakers * Socials
Weston Warrior Day
HURLBUTT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
One School, One Book * Staff Appreciation
Memorial Day Fair * Visiting Authors
Philanthropy * Family Fun Events
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
We value your time and investment in our students! Thank you for becoming a PTO member!
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year.
Registration will remain open throughout the school-year, but only those members that register and pay prior to the deadline (we will let you know the deadline date soon) will appear in the print directory. If you JOIN AFTER the deadline passes, you will receive a printed directory, you will receive PTO communication, but you will only appear in the online directory.
- You have complete control over what information will appear in the Directory. No information will be visible online or in print unless you select that option.
- Additional copies of the print directory will be available for sale during the registration process.
TO GET STARTED:
RETURNING PTO MEMBERS:
Please log in with old login and password from the prior year and register your child(ren) only using your established login and password. If you cannot remember your password, please reset the password. DO NOT create a new account.
- Click on the "My Account" tab (located at the top, in the blue banner) and click on "My Forms/Paperwork"
- Update "Family Information" (parent and student information). Please do not use all capitals or all lower case or misspell your street, as we have to go in and fix all those typos. Please double check what you type. Click "Next Step" to get to next screen and then "Save".
- Update "Directory and Publish Preferences" Here is where you can decide what you want published in the Printed/Online Directory, if you want to be included in the Printed/Online Directory. Then "Save".
- You will be presented with "New Forms" once you have completed your family information under "My Forms/Paperwork". This is what you will select to make payment.
- You are not considered a member until you have completed the payment.
Click on the "Click Here to log in or register" link above.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in your name, email address, and password information.
- Click "Verify My Email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process using steps above.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.